Sunday, December 24, 2006

Petite Cheesecakes adapted from "The Domestic Goddes"






Recipe (makes about 40 cuties):


1 pack Garden chocolate Wafer biscuits, pulsed

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed

1 pack Philadelphia cream cheese

1/3 cup caster sugar

200ml Presidents UHT whipping cream (35.1% milk fat

1 tablespoons vanilla

Squeeze of lemon

8 ounces semi-sweet Hershey's chocolate

1/2 cup milk


Rub butter into wafer crumbs then press into a lined baking tray and chill in the freezer till needed. Cream the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. In a seperate bowl, whip the cream. Mix the two together and drop in the vanilla and squeeze in lemon. Pour into the wafer base, even out and chill in the freezer for 3 hours. Cut the cheesecake into 1.5 cm cubes, freeze for half hour. Meanwhile, melt Hershey's chocolate over a pan of simmering water, adding milk bit by bit to get a creamy consistency, then turn off heat. Coat each cube well and freeze again. Be patient and dive in after chocolate sets.




At work I was bored so i browsed Ginny's blog (La Petite Chinoise)and saw The Domestic Goddess's petite no-baked cheesecakes. And decided to make it for my colleagues and family during this festive period. When it's fresh from the freezer it tasted like cheesecake ice cream, which is really really good! Makes me think of making my own ice cream next time, cool! The ones I had at office, which has been at room temperature for bout an hour was softer and melts in the mouth. The most dificult part of the recipe is coating the cheese cubes with chocolate. You have to get the right consistency and it should be cooled slightly before coating the cheese cubes. I dunno how to make the icing flowers the domestic goddess made so simply, I just sprinkled the tops with a little icing sugar.
I decided to make some truffles so I won't waste the remaning chocolate. But to my horror it didn't set well cos the chocolate probably doesn't have 60% cocoa content, and I didn't reduce any cream or butter. Haha. In the end I wasted more chocolate than I thought I might have saved. grinz* Well, success do comes with failure for me, everytime!










No comments: